The 4th Global Biodiversity Outlook (GBO)
To download the document in one of the six UN languages, presson the photo.
Welcome to Sudan CHM
The Higher Coucil for Environment and Natural Resources will organize a series of technical workshops with Key stakholders from both government and private sector and representatives of local communities and media starting from 6 Augest 2017. The objective of the worksops is to identify ABS related gaps, shortcomings and options to enhance coherence and complementarities with other existing laws, regulations and specialized ABS mechanisms
21/06/2017 , Sudan Academy of Banking studies
Inception workshop for Global ABS project
The Higher Council for Environment and Natural resources will hold the inception workshop for the global ABS project to strengthen institutional, legal and human resources for implementation of Nagoya Protocolutional. The workshop will be held at the parliament (National Assembly) on 24th May 2017.
24/05/2017 , Khartoum
- Second and Third consultation workshops on ABS law [posted on: 08/08/2017]
- The first Consultation workshop on Access and Benefit Sharing (ABS) law [posted on: 07/08/2017]
- The National Inception Workshop for ABS Global Project "Strengthening human resources, legal frameworks and institutional capacities to implement the Nagoya Protocol [posted on: 30/05/2017]
- News from the APGRC [posted on: 18/12/2016]
- Ali Zakaria : Assessing the genetic diversity of cowpea [posted on: 26/01/2016]
- Approval of the report on Biodiversity strategy and Action Plan [posted on: 04/01/2016]
- Closing workshop for National Planning for Biodiversity [posted on: 08/11/2015]
- Publication of a scientific paper on Cowpea genetic resources from Sudan [posted on: 05/08/2015]
- News from the APGRC [posted on: 30/07/2015]
- International Day of Biodiversity [posted on: 26/05/2015]
- Sudan Ratified Nagoya Protocol [posted on: 06/05/2014]
- Statement by Dr. Cristiana Pasca Palmer, CBD Executive Secretary, on the occasion of the Sixth Session of the Meeting of the Parties to the Aarhus Convention, Item 6, Budva, Montenegro, 11-13 September 2017
- Statement by the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity on behalf of the Executive Secretary at the 4th Session of the Preparatory Committee established by General Assembly resolution 69/292, New York, United States of America, 10 - 21 July 2017
- Statement by the Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity, Dr. Cristiana Pasca Palmer, on the Occasion of the General Debate, UNWTO General Assembly, Chengdu, China, 13 September 2017
- The Secretariat of Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) today released a new publication titled "Guidelines for tourism partnerships and concessions for protected areas: generating sustainable revenues for conservation and development."
- The ten-year anniversary of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples presents a fitting opportunity to draw attention to the significant contribution of indigenous peoples to the conservation and sustainable use of the world's biodiversity.